Tatiana Leshkina - Interview - Haunting and pure

A photo does not have to be a "fashion photo" to be fashionable. Tatiana Leshkina is not a fashion photographer, but the clothing plays a really important part in her work and helps create the desired mood and effect. That's why I felt the need to contact her, learn more about her and share with my readers. She has a great talent for shape and composition and uses it to create these beautiful images.


Name: Tatiana Leshkina
Age: 21
Place: London
Education: BA Fine Art at Chelsea College of Art and Design
Where have we seen your work?: In magazines, online and in dozen of shows.

FD:Where do you seek inspiration and ideas for your photography?:
Tatiana:Meditation, human behaviour, space and light.

FD:Who are your favorite photographers?:
Tatiana:I'll just name a few of my favourite artists, Monika Sosnowska, Absalon, Gregor Schneider and Dan Graham.


FD:What is your favorite frame that you have shot?:
Tatiana:So far its this shot,-->
from an editorial i did for I-D online. The article was about young London designer Nadir Tejani and i think this photograph perfectly reflects both my and Tejani's aesthetic.
  
FD:What are you working on these days?:
Tatiana:Video installation inspired by George Perec's "Room without a use" from Species of Spaces.

FD:What's the plan, the goal.... the dream?:
Tatiana:I prefer to keep that to myself. 


For more visit her website: tatianaleshkina.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment