Stephen Beadles-Interview - Photographer-Found on flickr

Found this guy on flickr... he's a Tim Walker fan, and that's always a good start ;) But he is also very talented and has a great eye for photography.


Name: Stephen Beadles
Age: 18
Place: Milledgeville, Georgia
Amateur or pro: Very Amateur

FD:When and how did you get into photography?:
Stephen: Well I’ve always enjoyed taking pictures even before I owned a camera. I’d love to steal my parent’s camera as a child. So when I was 15 I convinced my parents to let me buy a little Nikon Coolpix, which immediately fell in love with. Later that year I visited my Aunt who lives on the beach, I took endless amounts of photos and later sent them to her. I later learned she tried to convince my dad to buy me a Nikon D90 but he said it was too expensive. So for my 16th birthday she sent it to me! From there I really started to get into photography as well as Flickr.

FD:Have you studied photography, where?:
Stephen: I haven’t ever taken a photography class. My high school was rather small and didn’t even offer any type of art classes. So I’ve just learned from websites such as Flickr.

FD:What inspires you to photograph?:
Stephen: Pretty much everything around me is an inspiration. I love music, especially epic movies soundtracks. I can sit back, close my eyes, and listen and just imagine plots and stories and photographs to match the music. Paintings and of course other photographers inspire me as well.

FD:Who is your favorite photographer, why?:
Stephen: I’ve always had a great fascination with Tim Walkers work. I feel like his way of seeing things is similar to mine.

FD:What gear do you use?:
Stephen: Right now I use a Nikon D90 with a 50mm 1.4 lens. It’s pretty simple, but it gets the job done.

FD:Do you think there will always be a place for photography or will video take over?:
Stephen: Yes, I definitely think there will always be a place for photography. There’s something special about allowing the mind to create and interpret a story from a photograph when video tells you what you should think. I think photography is evolving just as everything else is, but I don’t think it’s going anywhere.

FD:What makes a good photograph?:
Stephen: While I think there are some basic rules to help make photographs look better, I don’t think I could just say what makes a good one. If I can get something from a photograph, I like it.
FD:I asked Stephen to chose one of his photos that he wanted to share.
Stephen: I took this after having a pretty terrible day. It started out as just me in the rain, but somehow evolved into me clicking a remote then tossing water in the air with my other hand.



FD: and lastly.. what's the plan?
Stephen: The plan is to head to Europe for a month this summer and hope that jogs my mind into knowing what I want to do with my life. Maybe I’ll head to college in New York, I can dream


...and here is some more of Stephen's work










I know you want to see more, so check out his flickr

1 comments: