Laura Ferreira: Interview - Photographer - The Beauty of Portraits

Colorful, beautiful and glamorous portraits that are joy to look at are Laura Ferreira's specialty. I was so happy that she took some time to answer my questions and share her work with us.

Laura Ferreira


Name:Laura Ferreira
Place:Port-of-SpainTrinidad and Tobago
Amateur or Pro?: Pro

FD:When and how did you get into photography?: 
Laura: I was on maternity leave from my web design job 4 years ago, and started practicing with portraiture. Hobby evolved and turned into a job.

FD:How would you describe your style?  
Laura: I always tell people that it pains me to take a plain portrait. Something always has to be interesting, whether it's the lightning, colours, or styling. I don't have one word to describe my style.

FD:Have you ever been published, where?: 
Laura: Yes, I've been in many photography and Photoshop magazines on both sides of the world. I've created movie posters, book covers, ad campaigns, album covers, and fashion posters.

FD:Who is your favorite photographer?:
Laura: I don't have a favourite photographer, I love so many

FD:What inspires you to photograph?: 
Laura: I have a need to create, and I don't feel inspired 24/7, but when I do it's music that does it most of the time

FD:Do you think photography is respected as it should be, compared to other forms of art such as painting?  
Laura: Photography isn't as respected because people do not know how much time and energy goes into creating great images. With the advent of digital cameras, everyone believes they are a photographer. An amazing portrait painter requires not only the skill of composition and lighting, but the actual technique...however, you can also fake that....but most people aren't aware of that possibility.

FD:I asked Laura to choose a couple of her photos that she wanted to share with us.
 
Laura: This photo was the outcome of stripping a box of Ferrero Rochers. It was a very simple setup of two lights, one infront and one behind the model, with warm gels.
Laura: This photo is of an ANTM winner (McKey Sullivan) who came to Trinidad for fashion week. It was a very last minute shoot, and the horse wouldn't stop moving (and crapping) so it was a difficult shot to get, but I love it :)


FD:and lastly.. what are you working on now and what's the plan?:
Laura: Right now I am focusing on doing more fashion photography

....and here you can see some more of her work.












..if you want to see more go to www.lauraferreira.com

all pictures in this post are (c)Laura Ferreira


No comments:

Post a Comment